BPM for All Types of Workflow Scenarios
Business Process Management (BPM) combines strategy, innovation, and solution design and development to streamline, automate, and transform operations. Having been involved in BPM and digital transformation projects for the past 20 years, BizFlow has tackled every type of workflow scenario (highly structured, case-based, ad-hoc, situational, and completely dynamic). As a result, we get process. And beginning in 2001 we created the BizFlow Plus BPM Suite (BPMS) to help leaders rapidly configure and deploy process-driven solutions supporting order-to-cash, request-to-service, procure-to-pay, hire-to-retire, or any other process life-cycle. Contact us to find out more and arrange a demo.
- Model-Driven Composition provides BPMN-based process design and flow modeling, validation, rules management, simulation, publication, version control
- Business Rules Management executes event-based and inference-based rules representing policies, procedures, roles (Policy Holder, Broker), routing (manual, automatic), deadlines, escalations, service level agreements (SLAs), notifications, alerts, rule testing and debugging, and rule templates
- Forms Design and Development provides a studio to design and build thin web applications using codeless environment and schema-driven assembly; automatically generate web apps from schemas and web services
- SharePoint and Enterprise Document Management integration allows businesses to automatically trigger a workflow process when a new document is uploaded or data is entered into a custom list in SharePoint, schedule SharePoint workflows to automatically start on a periodic basis, and rapidly execute processes by linking them to a pending case.
- Information Model provides studio to create detailed field inputs and outputs for data capture, workflow distribution logic (WDL), SLA management, and reporting
- Analytics & Reporting supports for process model, data model, and social pattern analysis (value chain, bottleneck, critical path) of in-process performance and external data to create reports, ad-hoc reports, and interaction monitoring dashboards; supports event listeners, alerts and triggers
- Process Orchestration coordinates both dynamic and static interactions of people, devices, systems for rule-driven structured workflows as well as ad-hoc and/or dynamic unstructured workflows; manages short-term and long-term running processes; logs changes to the state of the coordinated resources; adjusts priorities and order of execution of process instances; terminates, updates, and suspends in-flight processes; schedules future work
- Adaptive Case Management supports structured and dynamic work interactions to track casework and all associated correspondence and documents
BizFlow Dynamic Case Management Software
The overarching objective of Case Management solutions is to better organize work (i.e., actions, decisions) and associated content (i.e., data, documents, correspondence) to successfully complete a specific business outcome (i.e., settlement in legal investigation, response to service request, payment of claim). Work efficiency and effectiveness are secondary to making the right decision. Work activities are more context-driven. They range from highly defined to completely dynamic work based who is asking, for what, why, and who (internally and/or externally) can make a decision and what materials are needed to make the decision. Rules may often change due to new regulation (e.g., tax codes) and market fluctuations (e.g., interest rates). Relationships among work objectives evolve more over time. Work activities may have many discrete options and require intense collaboration.
As a result of 20 years of applying BPM to these case management scenarios, BizFlow has created BPM-based Case Management capabilities automating structured, ad-hoc, and situational work interactions. Solutions support the attachment of various content types (i.e., structured data such as name and date of birth, unstructured data such as scanned documents and video files), and full commentary/collaboration among disparate users. Solutions also provide visibility into all work-related objects (i.e., activities, data, documents, correspondence) to enable ongoing process improvement, change management, and compliance. Contact us to find out more and arrange a demo.
- Intake and Indexing Management captures information from multiple sources (portals, web applications, imaging, mail, email, web services) and indexes by document, client, rating, etc. to review and update, enable search/view/download, and diarize.
- Request Management manages requests by category (Life, Group Medical), sub-category (Certificates, Claims Status), item (Continuity Certificate, Paid), sub-Item (Limit Exceeded), and SLA management.
- Correspondence Management captures all email communications among users, internal colleagues and external recipients along with associated documents as well as corresponding tasks tracked, forwarded, and closed in place of absent users.
- Document Management provides APIs and integrations with DMS/CMS systems such as FileNet, OpenText, SharePoint, and Alfresco in order to save, store, change, and search files per process instance or per case folder.
- Letter Template Generation enables automatic population and publication of key correspondence and documents
- Work Distribution Logic automates routing of work based on inputs such as case complexity, time zone and preferred contact times, authority levels, percentage of capability, preferred client / partner, preferred line of business, existing workload, availability (PTO), turn-around time, application type
- Excel Upload Management parses XLS into individual work items and/or populated templates
- Case History provides visibility into all requests, actions, documents and correspondence associated with a case
- Report Management creates and configures reports and dashboards covering Cycle time reporting, Performance reporting, Completion, Quality and Training, Ageing, Team activity volumes, etc
BizFlow BPM Cloud Software
BizFlow Cloud is a BPM Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) that enables business transformation with reduced overhead and secure administration. BizFlow Cloud provides identical functionl as the BizFlow Plus BPM Suite while handling the complexities of infrastructure and solution administration. BizFlow Cloud includes 1 Production, 1 Development, 1 Test, and 1 back-up environment with additional environments available based on customer needs. Contact us to find out more and arrange a demo.
- Workflow Automation supports business processes across structured, dynamic, and collaborative human, system, and event-based interactions
- Administration & Operations provides continuous 24/7 support incorporating access, back-up, security, reporting, and software upgrades
- Security & Data Management provides guaranteed data segregation through single-tenancy, FISMA Moderate compliance, DoD Certificate of Networthiness, 99.9% uptime, real-time active monitoring and alerting, and Single sign-on support via LDAP/AD integration
- Integration uses APIs and web services to integrate with CMS, CRM, and systems of record to enable straight through processing and case management
Dynamic Tasking and Project Management
In dynamic workflow scenarios, projects have known start and end points, but the activities in between depend largely on what is needed and who is best to respond. Commonly email is used to manage work, but email lacks the required control and visibility to ensure timely delivery and compliance. In contrast, BizFlow provides complete control and visibility while streamlining collaboration. As tasks are disseminated, Users interact through configurable templates, defined actions (reply, forward, comment), quick group assignations, rapid escalations, and other menu options. Participants can track correspondence and associated documents through the entire response life cycle.
Other names for "Tasking" include "Action Tracking", "Data Calls", "Action Processing", "Taskers", and "Correspondence Management". Contact us to find out more and arrange a demo.
- Initiate a project and give it a name
- Create one or more tasks
- Assign one or many users to each task
- Monitor task status by user and associated responses, comments, and documents.
- Complete work, cancel tasks, ask for follow-up, request rework, and/or make comments until done.
- Audit history of all tasks and associated interactions to comply with internal policies and to ultimately improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manage solution to create commands (send task, cancel, close), add fields, add templates, enable notifications, track time, and provide quick routing options.